This is a step by step guide on how to do tricks on a Tech Deck.
Checkout this video:
A Tech Deck is a miniature skateboard that you can use to perform tricks. Tech Decks are popular among skateboarders and non-skaters alike because they are small and portable, making them easy to take with you wherever you go. You can do a variety of tricks on a Tech Deck, from basic flips to more advanced combos. With a little practice, you’ll be doing Tech Deck tricks like a pro in no time!
What You’ll Need
To do tricks on a Tech Deck, you’ll need:
-A Tech Deck
-A smooth, flat surface to ride on
-Good balance and coordination
With a little practice, you can learn all sorts of tricks with your Tech Deck!
The ollie is the most fundamental skateboard trick and the basis for most other tricks. It’s a great move to start with because once you get it, you can use it to do lots of other cool tricks. Here’s how to do an ollie on a tech deck:
1. First, find a smooth surface to skate on. A concrete sidewalk or driveway is ideal.
2. Place your front foot in the center of the deck, just behind the front trucks. Your back foot should be about halfway back on the deck, nearer to the tail than the nose.
3. Bend your knees and push down on the deck with your feet to make the board pop off the ground. As it rises into the air, kick your back leg up so that the tail of the board hits the ground first.
4. When the tail hits, quickly readjust your feet so that you’re standing in a “stance” position on top of the board with both feet centered over either set of trucks.
5. Ride away!
A kickflip is one of the most popular tricks on a Tech Deck—and for good reason. It looks cool, and once you get the hang of it, it’s not too difficult to do. Here’s how to do a kickflip on your Tech Deck.
1. Start with your tech deck on the ground in front of you. Place your front foot in the middle of the deck, and your back foot near the top of the deck, close to the trucks.
2. Place your front hand on the ground beside the deck, and grab the deck with your back hand.
3. Push down on the deck with your back hand while simultaneously lifting your front hand off the ground. As you lift your front hand, use it to flick the deck forward—this is what will make the deck spin in midair and perform the kickflip.
4. As the deck starts to come down, catch it with your back hand and place your front hand back on the ground beside it. Ride away!
To do a heelflip on a Tech Deck, first find a flat surface to ride on like a coffee table or skateboard ramp. Place your Tech Deck on the ground so that the front truck is hanging off the edge of the surface you’re riding on. For a regular heelflip, use your back foot to slap the tail of the board and make it spin around in front of you. As it’s spinning, quickly jump up and place your front foot in the center of the deck so you can catch it and land back on top.
The wraparound is a basic move that is essential to master if you want to learn how to do tricks on a Tech Deck. To perform a wraparound, start by holding your Tech Deck in one hand with the wheels facing down. Place your thumb on the top of the deck and position the deck so that it is hanging off the edge of your hand. Then, use your other hand to push the deck forward and wrap it around your thumb. Return your other hand to the deck and catch it as it comes around. Once you have mastered the basic wraparound, you can try variations such as the double wraparound, where you wrap the deck around your thumb twice, or the triple wraparound, where you wrap it around three times. You can also try performing a wraparound with one hand while holding the rest of the Tech Deck in your other hand.
Learning some basic combos is a great way to start impressing your friends with your Tech Deck skills. Once you have mastered the basics, you can start to customize your own combos and put your own spin on things. Here are a few examples to get you started:
The Ollie Combo: This is one of the most basic and essential combos in Tech Deck skateboarding. To do an Ollie combo, simply place your deck on the ground and jump up, using your back foot to kick the tail of the deck and launch it into the air. As it comes back down, catch it with your front foot and land on the wheels.
The Primo Combo: This combo starts with an Ollie, but as you catch the deck with your front foot, you reach down and grab the nose of the deck with your back hand. Then, as you land, swing your back hand up over your head, letting go of the nose of the deck at the same time. The momentum should carry the deck up and over your head before you catch it again and land on the wheels.
The Kickflip Combo: The Kickflip combo is similar to the Ollie combo, but instead of catching the deck with your front foot when it comes back down, you use your back foot to flick it up into the air and over your head. As it comes around, catch it with your front foot and land on the wheels.
So, you’ve mastered the basics of Tech Deck tricks and you’re ready to take your skating to the next level. Congratulations! With a little practice, you’ll be landing impressive combos in no time. Keep perfecting your technique and expanding your repertoire, and before long you’ll be considered a Tech Deck legend amongst your friends.